This new site is the result of the hard work of the NALMS website team and the e-business consulting firm Acumium. With www.nalms.org, their goal is to provide all of the site visitors an easy to navigate, content rich experience. Their aim is to continue to deliver high quality information and updates on the latest lake management activities of NALMS and our members.
For NALMS members, the aim is to deliver more intuitive access to their growing membership benefits. All NALMS members now enjoy access to a personal profile, electronic issues of LakeLine, and a new Membership directory. For Professional, Student and Organization members they also continue to offer access to electronic issues of Lake and Reservoir Management. And with www.nalms.org, they anticipate having the flexibility to offer more membership benefits in the future – so check back often!
- About NALMS: Here you can learn more about NALMS as an organization and stay up-to-date with our current Officers, Directors, and Staff. You can also keep tabs on our various Committees and stroll through a brief NALMS history.
- Conferences & Events: Here you will find information on our upcoming Symposium, our past conferences, and other events.
- Programs: Learn more about NALMS involvement in programs ranging from our Professional Certification program to Blue Green Algae work.
- About Lake Management: Provided here are the basics of Limnology and lake management plans. You will also find links to our Affiliate Members and other lake management organizations.
- Publications: Provided here is information on our publications including LakeLine, Lakes and Reservoir Management, NALMS Notes and our Invasive Species Cards. We also include our Affiliate Member’s Newsletters and a listing of other lake management books you can purchase through NALMS.
- Lake Management Policy: In this section you will find NALMS position statements and links to other Public Policy Resources.
Member’s Only Resources
- Edit Profile: Here, members can stay up-to-date with their colleagues and NALMS by updating their contact information, adding a professional biography and including a picture!
- Member Directory: With this directory they have made it easier to stay in touch with colleagues and other NALMS members. Members can search for other NALMS members, add them as colleagues, and send messages.
- LakeLine Magazine: The LakeLine section is more complete than ever before with electronic copies of every issue dating back to our 1993 Spring issue. Here, members can find both individual articles and complete issues of our flagship publication!
- Lake and Reservoir Management Journal: Provided here is a link to the host site for electronic issues of our journal at Taylor & Francis.