The iMapInvasives team has announced the recent roll-out of version 1.5 of their invasive plant geotracking software. Some of the new features include:
- Email alert system (for level 5 and above): Pick a geography and species of interest to receive emails when a newly confirmed observation matches your alert criteria.
- Improved Custom Observation Query and Report interface
- “Zoom to Coordinate” feature on the map
- The ability to edit your observation entry after submitting and before it is confirmed, including new fields for voucher information.
- Polygon area automatically calculates when adding assessment details
The initial consortium, formed to develop, support and maintain iMapInvasives, was comprised of four partners: the natural heritage program of the state of Florida (Florida Natural Areas Inventory (FNAI), the New York Natural Heritage Program (NYNHP), The Nature Conservancy, and NatureServe.
Visit iMapInvasives on-line for more information