During the heat of midday, enjoy a relaxing picnic in the shade, or visit the air-conditioned education building with its dozens of intriguing exhibits, including several live animals that can't be returned to the wild.
Wildlife to Watch for:
- Great place for birdwatching: 225 species, no waiting!
- Excellent chance for deer, squirrels and bluebirds, even in winter!
- Spring and fall migrations are definitely worth a gander!
- In summer, expect to also encounter turtles, geese, frogs and grassland bird specialties
- "Best Park For Nature" - Metroland, 2008
More about Five Rivers Environmental Education Center:
- Five Rivers Public Programs and Events Schedule - Current programs offered at Five Rivers EEC.
- Hours and Services for Five Rivers Center - Hours and services available at the Five Rivers Environmental Education Center
- History of Five Rivers - History of how the Five Rivers Environmental Education came to be.
- Guided Lessons and Special Programs - Five Rivers offers many programs to both educators and schools.
- Directions to Five Rivers - Directions to Five Rivers from the north, south, east and west.
- Exploring Five Rivers Nature Trails - Take to the trails and enter a different world at Five Rivers EEC.